How to Test Apple Hardware Parts Online?Murtaza J.
Do you know you can test your Mac hardware parts online; in this blog, we will discuss how can you test your Mac Hardware parts with the help of the internet. To do this process follow this steps.
- Shutdown your Mac.
- Connect your Mac with charger. Do not run this test without a charger.
- To start this test,
- Power on the system and at the same time press option and D key.
- Continue press both the keys until you see the starting internet recovery on the display.
- After some moments you have to select and connect to your network from the available networks.
- After connecting to the network you will see the message on the display starting internet recovery. This process will take some time.
- In this time period, the Apple hardware test will automatically download in your system. After completing the download, select the language.
- After selecting the suitable language click on the right facing arrow button on your right-hand side.
- Now the process will check the hardware configuration, it will take a little bit of time. After checking you can see the Test button is highlighted.
- Before clicking the test option, you can click hardware profile option to see your hardware profile is there everything correct.
- After checking your hardware profile, you can click on hardware test.
- There are two types of hardware test are there extended test and standard test. If you think that your device ram or graphics have an issue, then you can go for extended test otherwise you can select the standard test.
- Start the test by clicking test option.
- Hardware test will take some time to complete, so wait and see if the hardware test giving any error message and when this process is going at that time you hear your fan making noise. So, don’t be panic, it’s just normal when this process runs.
- After completing the process, you can see the list of error in the status bar or you can see “No trouble found”. If you can see the error message, then look in the error code and find that error code meaning.
- If you find “No trouble found” and you want to go with extended test, then just check mark the extended text box and click the test button. Note: it will take more time than the standard test.
- After completing extended test if your ram or graphics have an issue it will give you an error in the status bar otherwise it will give the message “No trouble found”.
Note: If you want to stop the test between the process, just click on stop testing option. After completing the test, restart or shutdown the device to quit the process.
Most of the error point to that specific part is going to fail and may require to change or repair. In this case, you may need an Apple Technician. Before giving your device to an Apple repair shop you can try resting the SMC and PRAM most of the error will resolve by this process.