Is Cloud really secure? How to choose one!Murtaza J.
In daily evolving technology and security, still, there are people who use the cloud for their personal and professional use with very less security. Cloud services providers say that it’s safe, but is it?
Are you sure about the cloud?
Before choosing a cloud service, do a small survey about the clients using it, are there any industries using it? Finally, evaluate the services but don’t use any sensitive or private documents for the first trial.
Things to look through before choosing a service provider:
Before choosing a cloud service provider, follow the steps below. It will help you secure your valuable data online.
• Check for data center security policies. These policies must be at least equal to your company’s policy.
• What are the precautions and preparation for change management?
• What are the configurations and rules for firewalls and access control?
• What is the policy upon data loss and recoverability?
• What happens when you terminate the contract with the cloud service? Or how will you get data returned and once returned what happens to the data infrastructure?
Public Vs private cloud?
Most common problem with people using cloud storage is that they don’t understand the mechanism of the cloud. Companies should understand that in major scenarios data storage struggle level is same. Cloud service providers may use the same defense mechanism as offline data storage systems do or even more protected too.
On the other side organizations who use public cloud service, where multiple companies are using the same application or setup, can have data security problems due to the access control system. Other concerns like antivirus software, firewall rules, and encryption methods are equally important on site or on the cloud server.
Key tips to stay safe on the cloud:
- Always evaluate the service provider before signing up for the full private or commercial use.
- Get some help! Contact Information technology Security specialists, take their advice or keep them informed about the whole process.
- Keep contact with the key persons in the cloud service provider company to make sure there are no data leakage or damage.
- Understand the backup process and schedule. Timings, real-time backups, and backup limitations.