Tips to Clean Laptop Parts from Dirt and DustMurtaza Bawa
If you want your laptop to run in a tip-top condition, you should service the laptop by cleaning it from dust and dirt. Normally, Laptop service is necessary after every six months.Because these simple steps help a lot to the laptop to work properly in good condition.
Which Laptop parts can you clean?
There are some parts of the laptop which you should clean to maintain your laptop health.
- Keyboard and Touch-pad
- Cooling fans
If you can open laptop comfortably, then you should open and clean its cooling systems like the cooling fan and the heat sink.
By cleaning cooling system, can help your laptop from overheating issues and related issues like laptop freezing and shutting down insufficiently.
Note: always follow the given instruction by your laptop company’s guidebook for cleaning the laptops.
Laptop cleaning resources
To clean your laptop you should have the following items
- Cloth: You should have soft, cotton cloth. Do not use any type of tissue, paper cloths, or rough cloths.
- Cleaned and purified water: Avoid tap water, which can leave long-lasting mineral spots.
- Isopropyl alcohol: Isopropyl alcohol is available at supermarkets and drugstores. Because Isopropyl alcohol disappears fast and never leave a residue, we can use this alcohol on electronic equipment and screens because it is safe.
- Compressed air tin: you can easily find in stores or you can buy online.
How can we clean?
- First of all, take Isopropyl alcohol and then mix purified water, both should be equal in quantity.
- Now take the cloth and dampen in the cleaning solution. And never spray anything directly on the laptop. Cleaning solution also goes on the cloth first.
- And the main thing is before you clean your laptop with this solution you must shut down the laptop and remove the battery.
Clean the Display
Clean the screen using a damp cloth (Note: do not spray directly on the LCD screen). And now rub the screen from top to bottom and right to left.
Clean the Case using same dump cloth if it’s not too dirty or takes a new one. Now clean the outer of the laptop. Then open the laptop and clean the areas near touchpad and keyboard. After cleaning you can see your laptop looks like before when you purchase.
To clean the inner dirt and dust which stuck down the keys we use compressed air to remove. If your keyboard is very dirty or the keys are stuck. You can also use a small portable vacuum. To remove all the hairs, crumb, dust, and crud from the keyboard, between the keyboard keys use vacuum tiniest attachment.
Clean cooling fans and ports
Use compressed air to clean the cooling ventures like ports and cooling fan. Spray from that angle which threw out the dirt and dust from cooling fan from out of the laptop.
And alert when you are spraying the fans, do not spray too hard because liquid may get in the fan blades. And do one more thing place a toothpick or cotton between the fan blades to stop them from over spinning when you are blowing the air on them.
Note: After cleaning laptop you make sure your laptop is completely dry before you start.